Nathalie Avila Voice Studio Statement of Purpose
My purpose is to help each student build a solid musical foundation that will provide him/her a lifetime of enjoyment. My goal is to inspire and uncover each student’s potential, and to be a guide helping to develop and strengthen these gifts. I am devoted to helping students develop strong foundations through their musical journey, to help singers discover their voice and present them in successful performances.
The Purpose & Benefits of Music Lesson
• Scientifically proven to improve academic achievement.
• Provides a foundation for a well-balanced life.
• Provides an opportunity for musical development.
• Encourages growth as a musician.
• Encourages involvement musically in the community.
• Prepares the young singer for university level vocal auditions.
• Provides the singer with a repertoire of music that matches his or her goals, and gain a much deeper appreciation for all types of music.
• Develop a better speaking presence and self-confidence in front of large audiences.
• Provides service for children, young adults, and mature adults for the purpose of artistic enrichment and/or professional development.
Nathalie Avila Voice Studio Evaluation and Assessment Program
Effective Vocal Evaluation and assessment is a continuous and on-going process between the student and the instructor.
A Vocal evaluation is a collaborative activity where the teacher examines the student’s current abilities while the student assumes an active role in determining the best strategy for development and self-monitoring.
My Vocal Technique Program consists of Five Levels. (Based on a 25 point evaluation scale.)
The students are assessed on their abilities on five major elements of Vocal Technique:
• Intonation: Accuracy of pitch in playing or singing.
• Tone Quality: Tone color or tone quality, the perceived sound quality of a musical note.
• Diction: Degree of clarity and distinctness of pronunciation in speech or singing; enunciation.
• Musicality: Musical talent or sensitivity.
• Presence: The ability to project a sense of ease, poise, or self-assurance, especially the quality or manner of a person’s bearing before an audience.
The students will be evaluated on each one of the major elements of vocal technique and will receive points for each. The total sum of the points will determine the current ability and level of the student. The goal is to strengthen areas of weakness in order to reach the next level of proficiency.
Nathalie Avila Biography
Cuban-American soprano, Nathalie Avila, has quickly gained recognition for her “sumptuous tone” and creating a “vivid portrait” of the roles she portrays on the operatic stage.
She was most recently seen as Mimi in “La Boheme” and the title role in Puccini’s “Madama Butterfly” with Miami Lyric Opera, Maria in Sociedad Proarte Grateli’s “La Novicia Rebelde”(“The Sound of Music”) and Sylvia Varescu in Kalman’s operetta “The Gypsy Princess” with Sociedad Proarte Latinoameticana at the National Theatre in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Nathalie has been featured as the soprano soloist in Handel’s Messiah with the Royal Danish Academy of Music Choir and Orchestra, and in numerous concerts and operatic productions with Miami Lyric Opera, Opera Naples, Gulfshore Opera, Emerald City Opera, Sociedad Proarte Latinoamericana, Sociedad Proarte Grateli, Miami Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra Miami, Symphony of the Americas and the Florida Chamber Orchestra to name a few.
Nathalie Avila holds a Master’s Degree in Vocal Performance from The Royal Danish Academy of Music and a Bachelor’s Degree from the Peabody Conservatory where she was the recipient of the George Castelle Memorial Award.
Ms. Avila enjoys sharing her knowledge and experience with passionate and talented youth. She has musically directed “West Side Story”, “Damn Yankees”, “Guys and Dolls”, “Seussical” and “Thoroughly Modern Millie” to name a few. She maintains a very active private vocal studio in Miami, FL.
I, Nathalie Avila, am the sole proprietor of Nathalie Avila Voice Studio.
The services I provide are as follows
• Individual Private Voice Lessons: one hour duration and half hour duration.
• Acting and Theatrical Direction, learning the Character; one hour and half hour duration.
• Repertoire Coaching, specializing in a variety of musical styles and languages; one hour.
• Group Voice Lessons: one hour duration (maximum of 10 students, minimum of 3 students).
• Individual ear training and solfege Lessons: one hour duration and half hour duration.
• Group Ear Training and Solfege Lessons: one hour duration (maximum of 10 students, minimum of 3).
Additional Expenses and or personnel
• Pianist/Accompanist for rehearsals and performances.
• Musicians for orchestra and or band, performances, musicals.
• Travel fee (if long distance travel is required).
• Additional rehearsal hours.
Cash, Direct Deposit, Check, Cash App, Venmo.